You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)
What is Mindfulness? Mindfulness is a gift from God. Mindfulness is the ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. The goal of mindfulness is to wake up and self-regulate the inner workings of our mental, emotional, and thinking processes. Mindfulness is living in the present moment mentally.
Mindfulness is living in the NOW!
Mindfulness helps us put some space between ourselves and our reactions, breaking down our conditioned responses. Mindfulness trains you to respond to life and not react to negativity. Mindfulness is available to us in every moment, whether through meditations or mindful moment practices like taking time to pause and breathe when the phone rings instead of rushing to answer it.
“Mindfulness is awareness that arises through paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment.”
How do I practice mindfulness and meditation?
Here’s how to tune into mindfulness throughout the day:
1. Set aside some time. You don’t need a meditation cushion or bench, or any sort of special equipment to access your mindfulness skills—set aside some time.
2. Observe the present moment as it is. The aim of mindfulness is not attempting to achieve a state of eternal calm. The goal is simple: we’re aiming to pay attention to the present moment (thinking about our thinking), without judgment.
3. Let your judgments roll by. When we notice judgments arise during our practice, we can make a mental note of them, and let them pass.
4. Return to observing the present moment. Our minds often get carried away in thought. That is normal. That’s why mindfulness is the practice of returning, again and again, to the present moment.
5. Be kind to your wandering mind. Don’t judge yourself for whatever thoughts crop up, just practice recognizing when your mind has wandered off, and gently bring it back.
That’s the practice. It’s very simple. The work is to just keep doing it. Results will accrue!
Blessing & Peace to you, Bernard
Need a fresh start spiritually?
Cre8tive Church =
Our new work starts May 5th. The is name Cre8tive Church. Our goal is to feed people with knowledge and understanding!
Help us! with your kind support today! As you give it is given unto you!
Cre8tive Church starts May 5, 2019 and we are preparing now!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for your support!!
ATTEND OUR FIRST MEETING MAY 5th!
PS. Remind yourself that God is with you and nothing can defeat you. Believe that Date: Sunday May 5, 2019
YOUR GENEROSITY MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!
Help us by making a special donation to the new creative work today!
Affirm: As I give it is given unto me...!
Enjoy Atlanta New Thought Radio!
Cre8tive Church is an administration of Atlanta New Thought. www.atlantanewthought.com